Monday, July 20, 2015

Midori Spring's Ceremonial Gold Matcha



Midori Spring's Ceremonial Gold Matcha is so creamy and smooth! I recently started to incorporate matcha into my diet because of all the great benefits it has to offer. I thought I'll share a few things from what I've learned in my research. Matcha is a special form of green tea, because unlike traditional green tea where the leaves are tossed away after it is infused with hot water, you are drinking the actual leaves with Matcha (the leaves are stone-ground into its fine and powdery form). It is also different from the traditional green tea due to the way it was prepared. Before the tea plant could be harvested, it first had to be covered with a cloth to trigger the growth of the leaves for best flavor. One of the antioxidant in Matcha is called polyphenols, which have been tied to claims to slow down the growth rate of cancer cells, increasing metabolism, protection against heart disease, anti-aging, and blood pressure reduction. This is one of the better quality Matcha I've tried and it is a plus that it is USDA Organic Certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment